Why We Need More Women In the Courts, Business, and Government Right Now
Join us for a special supporter event including great conversation, inspiring visions for the future, tasty hors d'oeuvres, and wine-tasting compliments of women-owned winery Handley Cellars.
The recent federal government shutdown followed on the heels of the introduction of the most comprehensive women’s economic agenda in decades. Join a compelling conversation with an all-star line-up of top women leaders in the judiciary and law, politics, and business about why getting more women at the top is good for all of us.
Speakers will include:
- Mary Hughes, a political strategist and consultant, and founder of close the gap CA, a campaign to recruit progressive women to run for open California legislature seats in 2014 and 2016.
- The Honorable Nancy Davis, San Francisco Superior Court judge and co-founder of Equal Rights Advocates.
- Priya Sanger, Corporate Counsel at Google (Products & Payments) and past president of the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- Noreen Farrell, Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates.
- Irma Herrera, is an Editor and Co-Director of the Women Immigrant's Project at New America Media and Former Executive Director at Equal Rights Advocates.
5:30pm - 6:30pm Wine and hors d'oeuvres; 6:30pm - 7:30pm Program