Calling all activists, allies, and legal professionals! Join National Lawyers Guild's annual Law for the People Convention, October 21-25 in Oakland, CA for 5 days of panels, workshops, CLEs and camaraderie.
This year, the Keynote Speaker will be Alicia Garza, co-founder of #BlackLivesMatter, and programming will address topics including housing and labor rights, racial justice, police accountability, international law, and much more.
Major Panels will include:
- Black Power! from Ferguson to Oakland: From Service Model to a Model of Self Liberation
- Law School Tuition Crisis: Causes and Strategies for Change
- From ‘Right to Work’ to ‘Fight for 15’: Labor at the Crossroads, Learning Lessons, Going Forward
- Violence Against Women Under State Control
- Politics of Housing and the American Dream: Race, Communities, Evictions and Criminal Convictions
- Advocating for Economic and Social Rights Throughout the Americas: A Transnational Dialogue