UC Berkeley School of Social Welfare
Ninth Annual Social Justice Symposium
Saturday, February 7, 2015
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
2407 Dana Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
For full descriptions and presenter bios, please see their website.
- Voices of Youth with Incarcerated Parents - Project WHAT!
- Hip Hop for Social Change - Beats Rhymes and Life, Inc.
- Empowering Migrant Farmworkers through Oral Histories - The MOVOZ Project
- Building Restorative Trauma Informed Schools - Catholic Charities of the East Bay
- Mass Incarceration - Legal Services with Prisoners with Children (LSPC); All of us Or None (AOUON)
- Reproductive Justice & Social Work Practices: Supporting Clients Across All Pregnancy and Parenting Options - Backline
- Militarism-Free Intervention for Veterans - Sam Coleman
- Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation - East Point Peace Academy
- Climate Resilience: Creating pathways out of poverty with green jobs - Rising Sun Energy Center
- Reframe It: Tools for Multiracial Allyship - Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Research
- GRADD Northern California - Graduates Reaching A Dream Deferred
- "Serve the People" - Causa Justa :: Just Cause
- Ending Campus Sexual Violence Together - Amber Akemi Piatt
- Minimum Wage and Low Wage Organizing in the East Bay - East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
- Creating Community through Art and Resiliency - Queer Youth Arts Project
*This event is free and open to the public, so please spread the word by forwarding this information to friends and colleagues!